Lighting Up the Sky
The girls and I have made it to Kerrville to visit MiMi and Poppy, and everyone else, too! We got in late last nite and have been having fun so far. I don't have pictures to post yet, but just had to tell about our flight.
We got to board the plane first and so we chose the front row with lots of leg room. It's a 2 hour and 10 minute flight, so I thought this would give us the opportunity to stretch our legs. Not to mention, this lets everyone take a good look at us and the empty seat next to us, and allllll the open seat behind us! Everyone got on the plane after us, no one choosing to sit by us (can't imagine why?!). Towards the end there was an elderly fellow with a bum leg. He decided to join us. Malcom was a talker. I only caught about half of what he said, due to 2 kids crawling all over me and his low muttering. But he didn't care if I was listening or not. I could, however very easily hear the ladies behind me remarking about how I had my hands full!
Malcom ordered a scotch. Then he ordered another. Then he offered to buy me one. Ha! I guess it looked like I needed one! Then he ordered another. And 30 minutes before landing, one more. At this point he was talking more than ever. He loved the girls, though! THEN, he proceeded to take a cigarette out of his pocket, along with his lighter. He started to strike his lighter with his cigarette in his mouth. I kindly told him that I didn't think he was allowed to smoke on the plane! He then put it up and thanked me for saving him from the $100 fine. (I guess it had happened before). He claimed that he forgot where he was. I can see how the situation resembled a bar. Right. Not even close. Poor man.
So, I'd like to claim that I saved flight 234 out of Nashville to San Antonio! Ha!
Luckily Philip will be with us on our flight home!
3 comments:
That's hilarious. I really can't stop laughing....and you thought your girls would be the ones causing problems on the plane.
That is too funny!!! I can't believe he actually was about to light a cigarette on teh plane!!!!!!
Enjoy your trip in Kerville.
Too funny...I needed that laugh today!
Post a Comment