Monday, May 04, 2009

Messes

I seem to clean up mess after mess, day after day. I expect it. I am a mom. I love my job. However, some days are much messier than others. Macy loves to do crafts and Harper loves to make a mess while sometimes doing a craft. The other day I caught Harper coloring all over the table and windows with a marker. Nothing permanent, but I figured she needed to learn a lesson so I put her in time out in her room. She normally does her time outs against a wall in the room I am in, but that day, I needed her to go to her room until her timer went off for every one's sanity. And when she came out, it was evident that she had found some of Macy's lip gloss and had not learned any lessons. She came downstairs looking like this....

What a toot!

In other news, Lexi is really growing. She weighs 12.7 pounds and is 24 1/4 inches long. She's in the 90% percentile!


Philip boiled crawfish the other day and it was yummy! Macy was so brave. She would hold the live crawfish, but didn't want to eat them. Go figure!

We had our lifegroup over Sunday nite and had a wonderful time playing "the Newlywed Game." They are so much fun and such a blessing to us! Although I have no pictures unfortunately, it will always be remembered. It's so great to remember (or find out) all the little fun facts about your marriage/husband and your friends!

6 comments:

dw hicks said...

I wish I could have your same attitude about messes...I really don't like them one bit.

And happy, happy, happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!

allyo said...

Happy birthday sweet friend. I love and miss you more then words can express. Give the girls hugs and kisses! Come see us!!

Honey said...

Happy Birthday to my precious Carmalita! It seems like just yesterday that I first laid eyes on you! You have brought me so much joy! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

hey blakely has that big sister shirt with the bow in it. wonder if it was onsale at the Methodist Hospital.
Eller (its anonymous b/c i cant remember password)

Carl, Brent, and Joseph said...

Can I get an "Amen?!" Love the job, hate the messes, but sometimes you just have to laugh at it all!

Anonymous said...

Many times I have sent Nathan to his room for a time out only to find his room a disaster after the buzzer goes off. Messes- one of the joys of motherhood!