Thursday, May 06, 2010

My 30th Birthday!!
Philip and the girls helped me celebrate the big 3-0 as the rest of the world celebrated Cinco de Mayo! They were so sweet to me and treated me well. I am blessed to have such a wonderful husband and three precious little girls.




Here are some things I have learned in all my thirty years....

I am thankful for my life, my husband, and my girls.
Traveling is awesome, with and without our kids.
A mom is never too busy to talk on the phone, and is always willing to hop on the plane and come visit.
A good church is a blessing straight from God.
A dad never stops looking out for his daughter.
Watching your best friend move out of town is heart-wrenching, but itis possible to be best friends from hundreds of miles away.
You can never eat Mexican food too many times in one week.
Worry and regret are a waste of time, and so is being moody.
You are never too old to take a nap.
No one can make you feel as good about yourself as your mom can.
A sister is truly the best friend a girl could have.
A trip away with your husband is priceless and well worth every penny.
You can't talk to your sister too many times in one day.
It is always a treat to go back home.
Tennessee is beautiful-Spring is my favorite. It is breath-taking.
Marriage is so much fun.
A husband that loves you, provides for you, respects you, and makes you laugh is a treasure.
A visit from your parents or in-laws can brighten up a month.
My house will never be spotless, but I will never stop trying.
Sugared-up coffee is a great way to start every day.
Don't feel guilty about needing a night out away from the kids. They need it too.
Going out to eat is a treat, especially when you look under the table after dinner and
remember you don't have to clean it up!
Taking care of three little girls is the best job in the world, and I thank my husband that I can.
Taking care of three little girls is the most important job in my world.
God is good.
Exercising is actually fun and rewarding (especially when it offers childcare!!)
There is nothing like a vacation to a beautiful beach.
Although a lot of work, a dog makes my kids (and husband) very happy.
Fancy restaurants don't give you nearly enough food for the price.
A hug from your daughter makes the world right.
Nice sheets, soft toilet paper, and plush towels are things to splurge on.

I am so thankful for the people who have been a part of my life and made me the thirty year old person I am today!! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!

7 comments:

Carl, Brent, and Joseph said...

Happy 30th Birthday from DC! Wishing you a belated wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

heidi you are so right. you don't
forget your aunt taught you how to
sing milk, milk, lemonaide, ......
love and miss you june

Kara Graves said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! You are a beautiful person, I am so thankful we get to be family now :) Beautiful post.

dw hicks said...

I love your list. You are such a special gal! Love you! Hope you had a great day! Can't wait til June!!!!

annalee said...

happy 30th! what a great (and true!) list!

Honey said...

Heidi...You are truly a blessing sent straight from God! Philip and your precious girls are lucky to have you as a soulmate and Mom! love you, MOM

Hollie Reese said...

We only talk so much because we can't ever finish one conversation!! Ha I still haven't tried those cupcakes. They look yummy!!!