Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer Fun at Honey and Big Daddy's!!
A long time ago my mom called to see if she could fly Macy and Harper down for a week this summer. I didn't even have to thing twice!! Yes, they would LOVE that! And they sure did. Macy had been counting down the days for months! They had a long list of things they wanted to do with Honey and Big Daddy. And of course, they were not disappointed. They squeezed so much fun into that week. Riley and Brooks, their cousins were also there. What fun memories they made!! So, here are some of the highlights...

A carousel ride

The Bay house (at the top of their to-do list)
Boat rides

They rode the jet ski for a little while...before it stopped running! :) Good thing they were close to a pier!

The Beach-they had a blast



Feeding the birds

Fishing!
Apparently the fish were really biting, much to their enjoyment.
Harper got the first catch!





Bowling with Big Daddy and Tay Tay
Splash Town with Honey
They loved all the slides!!


Baking
Craft time

Swimming in the pool



Story time




They also went to Chuck E Cheese and then the movies, but had to leave early because they were afraid! Pretty funny! I guess they didn't want to risk them being up all nite with nightmares!

Snuggling

I am thankful for the time that they got to spend with their Grandparents and cousins. And for the record-I'm pretty sure they've never been to McDonald's and Chick-fil-a and eaten as much ice cream/cupcakes/cookies as they did in that one week.
Ahhhh, nothin' like fun grandparents!!

And while the big girls were in Houston, Lexi was in Kerrville with Mimi and Poppy (photos coming soon). So yes, you do the math-Philip and I were alone for a week!! What a treat!!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh so fun! My kiddos are headed to Texas (not the baby though) for a week with my parents! Very fun! And we never did make it up to your church while we were in Nashville. Maybe our next trip over... I'm sure you all had a great week!

Carl, Brent, and Joseph said...

you got the better deal - alone for a week! we're sending joseph next time (whether he's invited or not!)

Swartz's Scribbles said...

Oh man, I do love your family. Looking at those pictures brings back sweet memories of my youth (even though we were a bit older:) swimming in that pool and hanging with such lovely people. Your girls are adorable!