Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oh, She Keeps Us Laughing!

Macy is 20 months old...getting awfully close to 2! She keeps us on our toes. Lately, she has done a few things that require disciplining. I know, for all you grandma's out there it might be heartbreaking, but our child needs discipline. We decide to implement time-out. We have a special place she gets to sit in for 1 1/2 minutes when she is naughty. The first few times I had to sit with her to keep her there. I explained to her the wrong she had done. She cried a little, then it was over.
It's working!...or not.
Macy is now putting herself in time-out. Anytime she is doing something wrong and I say "Listen to Mommy" she marches over and sits in her spot then motions for me to join her.
So Philip decided a little spanking might be better. Wrong again. When she is in trouble, she spanks herself now. It's too funny....kind of!
Another adventure:
Last nite we put Macy to bed at about 8:30. We normally put her in her crib and she plays a little while then drifts off to sleep. However, at 9:30 we could still hear her chattering away. Finally, she went to sleep. At 10:30 Philip went to check on her and she was all cuddled up like a little angel. He patted her back. Soaking wet. Her sheets-wet. Oh, she had taken off her diaper from under her pajama bottoms before going to sleep. Then I guess she went to the bathroom and it was all over while she lay sound asleep. We had to change her clothes and her sheets! Silly little girl! Gotta love her. We've got an interesting road ahead of us!

3 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

That is too funny! Riley does the same thing with time out! I think sometimes she gets in trouble on purpose just to go to time out...same thing with the spankings!
I love the diaper story!!!

Cindy said...

You could duct tape the diaper? (I have actually done this :)) Macy will be Chris's 'adventurous' friend!

Unknown said...

Love the Astros hats!

Isn't disciplining sooo hard, especially when you can't tell it's working?!! Keep up the good work! Macy sure is a cutie.