Hollie and I decided to take our children to Houma, Louisiana to visit Gran, Pa, Olga, Big Glenn, June, Mindy, Derek, Bo, & Sherrie!!
350 miles one way
6 hours
2 two year olds
2 babies
1 stop (we couldn't have handled more!)
Plenty of suckers and snacks
80 Barney movies (or so it seemed)
We got off to a rocky start when we picked up Riley and Brooks from school, just in time for them to take a nap in the car. However, Macy didn't like that idea so poor Riley never got a nap since Macy was yelling "Wake up, Riley!" over and over.
Our first and only stop was at McDonald's. Good idea, or so we thought. They had no play area. We had to change 3 poopy diapers, feed the babies their bottles, Macy ran into the boys bathroom (twice), the girls got in a bumper car highchair fight, and our two year olds both had one serious meltdown each-luckily not at the same time. Whew! The people in the Lafayette McDonalds were happy to see us go.
We pulled into Houma about 7:00 after Riley's 30th time of saying "Pa's House?" The kids were great and so happy to see Gran and Pa! We enjoyed a short visit then went to the hotel. Unloading a car with 4 tired small children at 9:00 at night is quite interesting, but we did it. We quickly got the beds arranged and put the kids down. While trying to put Harper to bed Macy turned the AC all the way to heat, making the room stink like something burning and setting the smoke alarms off! We all got a good nite sleep!
The next morning we took Macy and Riley swimming while the babies slept then we headed over to Gran and Pa's. It was so good to spend time with them!! The kids napped then we headed to the mall for some of that yummy caramel corn. Closed down. Oh well. We got an Icee instead. When I pulled out my wallet to pay, I realized my credit card was gone. Oops! We left it at the gas station!!! Luckily when we stopped by, the lady still had it!! We went back to Gran & Pa's and June and Mindy brought us crabs and po-boys!! Yummy. Sherrie, June and Olga were so sweet to keep Macy and Riley entertained (with crazy made-up games) while we ate and visited. The girls had a blast!!
Back to the hotel and the AC in our room is broken. Oh, no it's not. Macy just unplugged it! Whew! Another good night's sleep.
Wednesday morning we got to go see Sherrie's new house and her many cats and dogs-Macy loved it!! We stopped by to tell Gran and Pa goodbye. It was such a blessing to see them and hug them.
On our long drive home we got stuck in traffic, so Hollie cut across the grass onto the feeder. Uh Oh. Up ahead were police with binoculars and about 10 cars pulled over. As we drove by, the police simply ignored us!! No tickets!!! Perhaps they could tell that we had been on a long trip!!
We finally pulled into the driveway about 10:00 that night!! A quick, but wonderful trip. It was all worth it to spend some time with our grandparents!! They are so special to us!
7 comments:
HHAHAAHAHA I can't believe you guys did that without your men. Way to go!!! Next trip NYC!!!!
it was so nice to see all of yall.
gran and pa were so happy and we
were too. yall will remember that
trip for a long time.
love ya, june
That is so funny! It makes me tired just reading about your trip! Those type of trips are always the best memories!
WOW, y'all are officially super moms! that trip sounds crazy but FILLED with memories y'all will never forget!
I am so thankful that you all got to go and visit with Gran, Pa, and the Houma gang. I know they were thrilled! I wonder where I would have fit in the car if I could have gone!!!!??? The pictures are great. I will treasure the one of all of you with Gran and Pa. I love you all so much! MOM
I don't understand why you don't road trip more often? Sounds like a piece of cake. I am sure it was all worth while to see Gran and Pa. Next stop DC?
WE WERE SO EXCITED ABOUT YALL COMING TO HOUMA--THE KIDS WERE ALL SO CUTE AND SO GOOD--LOVE AUNT OLGA
Post a Comment