Thursday, November 08, 2007


Our Dog Murphy
Oh, how we love our little Murphy. He is one of Macy's best play mates. And Philip is always happy to come home from work and play with him. Today, I decided to surprise Philip and get Murphy groomed and bathed for when Philip got home tomorrow.(I occasionally complain when he smells bad and sheds.) I dropped Murphy off this morning and went to pick him up after I got Macy from school. She was so excited to see Murphy! However....when he walked out of the back room, we were shocked. They shaved him!!! Macy said, "Murphy. Haircut?" I guess my directions were a little unclear. I thought I said bathe, not shave. Hmmmm. Well, he might be a bit chilly in Nashville....but I guess he won't shed. I couldn't stop laughing all the way home from the vet. Laughing because he looks funny, because of our shock (and I'm sure Philip's), and because everyone who comes to look at our house will see our shaved little dog!!

Post-Haircut

9 comments:

dw hicks said...

OH MY GOSH! He looks like a completely different dog! How funny!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! My mom had Jack shaved and he wouldn't come out from behind the couch, he was so embarrased.

annalee said...

his tail is amazing! that is so funny. i still think you get major points for taking him to the groomer.

Carl, Brent, and Joseph said...

please be more specific next time you bring macy in for a haircut, or she might wind up like murphy! love the poof tail!

Hollie Reese said...

That is so funny!! I crack up every time I see it.

Honey said...

I think he is one handsome dog!!! He is my favorite grand dog!

Angela said...

That is absolutely hilarious!

Emily said...

I especially love that they left the poof in the tail. Makes it even better. =)

Charis said...

Ha! Funny story. When is your official move date?? Hope the packing is going well :)