Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sadness
Although death is expected, it is never really expected. After a long bout with lung cancer, my grandfather passed away this morning in the hospital. He had been taken to the hospital a few days ago because of his difficulty in breathing along with a few other symptoms. These past few months had been tough on him, along with my precious Gran. He was a fighter, surviving for far longer than the doctors imagined. We have many wonderful memories with Pa. Memories that will be in my heart forever. Thankfully our girls were able to spend a little time with him while he was here.
He leaves behind my wonderful Gran-who has been beside him for over fifty years, my mom, and her three sisters. Keep our family in your prayers over these holidays as we will be thankful for what we have, along with sad for what is gone. And say a special prayer for my Gran and her strength and will to go on!



8 comments:

Honey said...

Heidi, Thanks for the beautiful tribute to Pa. He loved you and was so proud of you! I am so thankful that you brought Macy and Harper with you to visit with him. I love you, MOM

Angela said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. May God bless you with peace that passes understanding during this difficult time.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Heidi, I am so sad for your loss and I will keep your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Heidi is up on top of everything!!!
Love the blog. So happy you were able to come see paw and show him your beautiful babies. The pictures are priceless.
Love,
Gran

allyo said...

Heidi, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in our prayers. Tell your mom and sweet Gran that I love them and will be thinking about them. We love and miss you guys!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Mav

Jamie Chitty said...

HeidiBo I am so sorry to hear about Pa. I am keeping all of you in my prayers. I am glad that you did have a trip down there to see him recently with the girls. You will remember that forever.
Love you!!

Tiger and DeAndria said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers through this holiday season.