Ike Update
Our family and friends have survived Ike! But not without minimal damage. Hollie's got some pictures of her house at http://www.reeseramblings.blogspot.com/
My parents had tons of trees down in their yard and one on their house which has caused a small leak. Fixable. The major problem now is no electricity. My parents have a generator, but it only hooks up to a few things (fridge, freezer, fan...). They aren't sure when the power will be turned back on, but in the meantime are trying to stay cool. My little brother is bored out of his mind. He said he'd rather be at school. Ha!
From the people I've talked to who stayed during the storm everyone said it was quite a scary experience. Windows were popping, air pressure was changing, rain was pounding, wind was blowing, and the skies were dark. After the first band passed, my dad called me and said it was bright and sunny outside-they were in the eye. He was surveying the damage and just waiting for the next ban. Eerie.
Thank God that they are all safe and sound. Thank you for your prayers! And continue praying for the people who were not so fortunate.
5 comments:
We got power back this afternoon, hopefully your family did too!!
I bet they are glad this is all over and the damage is minimal...I bet you are too! Thanks for the updates.
Heidi-- Absolutely LOVE you blog! So cute! You do a GREAT job of keeping it updated (unlike me!)
So glad you guys are here with us in Nashville now! :)
H! I'm in Houston working and got stuck in Ike!!! We just got power- the real a/c feels so much better than the fans.....I agree with Taylor, it is B-O-R-I-N-G!
Meg
Day 9 AI and we finally got the generator hooked up to the lap top and have an internet connection!!! I have so missed your blog. We are okay, but weary. Still no sign of power in our area. The word is that it might be after Thursday. I desire to cook, run the dishwasher, vacuum, wash and dry clothes! I could be loosing it! Don't anyone out there take your electricity for granted. Things I miss...cable tv, shaving my legs with a light on, air conditioning, the smell of clean sheets, etc. The light at the end of the tunnel is when we leave on Friday to visit Heidi, Philip, Macy, Harper and baby. Can't wait!! hugs
Post a Comment