We took a week vacation to Destin, Florida and had a WONDERFUL time!!! It was amazing. We went with our old friends from SugarLand, TX. 14 adults. 13 children. Crazy!! The beach was breath-taking, as usual, and the weather was perfect!

We even all went out to eat a few nites. It was actually fun and yummy! 9 high chairs!


Here is one of our group photos. And I promise that before the picture, someone said, "Let's do a silly one!" Apparently the Houston's were the only ones who heard.




The girls absolutely loved the beach-more than I expected. We were out at about 8:30 each morning until lunch time. Then right after naps we were back on the beach. We couldn't get enough! They had a ball.
Lexi was an angel all week. She did what she does-eat, play, smile, sleep...just ALL on the beach (in the shade with a fan).



Lots of digging and burying,



kite-flying,
jumping, 
flipping,
and boogie boarding!
The kids all got along so well and had a great time playing together every day and nite.




Here is one of our group photos. And I promise that before the picture, someone said, "Let's do a silly one!" Apparently the Houston's were the only ones who heard.


The girls absolutely loved the beach-more than I expected. We were out at about 8:30 each morning until lunch time. Then right after naps we were back on the beach. We couldn't get enough! They had a ball.
Lexi was an angel all week. She did what she does-eat, play, smile, sleep...just ALL on the beach (in the shade with a fan).


Lots of digging and burying,


kite-flying,
jumping, 
flipping,
and boogie boarding!
The kids all got along so well and had a great time playing together every day and nite.

I know she's not smiling in these, but these might have been the only tears she cried all week.


We LOVED having Philip home all week! It was hard to see him go back to work on Monday.
Here are some of my favorite friends!!! It was so good catching up with them. We had a girls nite one nite and went to dinner!



We LOVED having Philip home all week! It was hard to see him go back to work on Monday.
Here are some of my favorite friends!!! It was so good catching up with them. We had a girls nite one nite and went to dinner!

The first day Harper was a little hesitant about the waves. By the second day, we couldn't get her out of the water! Macy, on the other hand, was never hesitant! They had more sand in their swimsuits than I thought was possible.




They semi-enjoyed it. I do understand that is a bit frightening to think that these crabs are crawling all over the sand in the dark. After Macy woke us up three times that nite telling us crabs were in her bed, we decided she shouldn't go the next nite.
But of course the guys had to go!


The wonderful game of "Nerves of Steal" (thanks, Dad) where you let the crabs go in the middle of the feet circle and see who doesn't move as the crabs crawl across your feet. The girls and I lost.
Harper had a minor energy while running to the beach in the dark on the concrete. She bounced right back!



The wonderful game of "Nerves of Steal" (thanks, Dad) where you let the crabs go in the middle of the feet circle and see who doesn't move as the crabs crawl across your feet. The girls and I lost.
Harper had a minor energy while running to the beach in the dark on the concrete. She bounced right back!

What a great vacation! Can't wait till next time!!




7 comments:
too fun! we love destin and looking at those pics was like a mini vacation in itself. what great memories!
What special memories for all of you. It looks like it was a fun trip. The pics are beautiful! I love all of you. Tell the "hunk" Happy Father's Day!
FUN!! I want to go! Can't wait to see you!!!
What great pictures! Your trip looked like so much fun and how cool that you could all go together. Your girls are precious!
How fun. I wish I would have known and then I could have stashed my kids along with some of those SL people..with all those kids who would have noticed three more??
the thought of 9 high chairs is way too funny!!! impressed with the flips, guys!
What a great recap! I came home and have been sick ever since. I'll get some of my fabulous photos uploaded one of these days. It was good to see you all!
Post a Comment