ROAD TRIP!!!
2,481 miles
45 hours
3 kids
2 adults
15 movies
45 hours
3 kids
2 adults
15 movies
17 potty stops
10 minutes of barfing
10 minutes of barfing
798 questions of "How much farther?"
3 bee stings....
All of this in the car on the way to and from TEXAS!!!
Some people just weren't cut out for the road.
Who's idea was it for us to drive to Texas, anyway? (Mine, I think) It was an awful drive, but well worth it to see parents, grandparents, cousins, siblings, and friends...and for some yummy TexMex.
We drove to Kerrville first and got to see Philip's family.

Macy and her cousin Hunter

Since it was so hot, we decided to leave Lexi at home with some wonderful babysitters-her great grandparents!





The girls got to meet one of Philip's best friends from high school.



After tons of fun in Kerrville, the girls and I drove to Houston for more fun! As we entered I-10 and the Beltway in Houston at rush hour, Macy looked around and said, "Where are all these people going? Why are there so many cars?" Come to think of it, she's never seen 6 lanes of heavy traffic. I thought it was funny.


After a few days, we headed to my parent's bay house in Galveston. The girls loved it! The beach, fishing, crabbing, and best of all-the wave runners. My dad asked Macy if she wanted to ride and she said, "Okay. Only if you go really fast!" And she meant it. She smiled the whole time.
Macy caught 4 fish in about 10 minutes. It was unreal.


The beach was not the most beautiful, but the girls didn't care one bit.

The girls got to meet one of Philip's best friends from high school.


After tons of fun in Kerrville, the girls and I drove to Houston for more fun! As we entered I-10 and the Beltway in Houston at rush hour, Macy looked around and said, "Where are all these people going? Why are there so many cars?" Come to think of it, she's never seen 6 lanes of heavy traffic. I thought it was funny.

After a few days, we headed to my parent's bay house in Galveston. The girls loved it! The beach, fishing, crabbing, and best of all-the wave runners. My dad asked Macy if she wanted to ride and she said, "Okay. Only if you go really fast!" And she meant it. She smiled the whole time.
Macy caught 4 fish in about 10 minutes. It was unreal.

The beach was not the most beautiful, but the girls didn't care one bit.Philip flew in Thursday nite (and we ate at Pappasito's) . We began our 2 day trek back to Nashville on Friday, after 2 weeks in Texas. We had such a wonderful vacation!! It was great to see everyone and the girls loved being loved on. I loved all the help with the kids!! We feel so blessed to have such wonderful families.





We got to see Taylor before he left for his first year at ACU!


8 comments:
We miss you so much. Thanks for driving all the way to Texas to visit with us. We cherish all of the special times we had with you. hugs and kisses
Wish we could have seen you while you were in Texas. Looks like you had a great trip! Love the first picture of the 3 girls!
wow! What a trip! You guys have been busy!!!
Meg
Great pictures! I love the first one of the girls. They are growing up so fast. Glad you guys had a fun time...despite the drive!
LOVE how you wrote that up at the beginning. I'm not cut out for the road for that long of a trip either.
Wait, you drove out there alone? That's CRAZY!! You are the bravest mom ever. Looked like it was well worth it.
No, no, no, Carl. Philip drove us down and then flew back. Then he flew to H-town to drive us back. I am not THAT crazy!!!
I am glad you endured the puking and bee stings! we loved seeing you! Maybe next time we will come your way!!
Post a Comment