Saturday, February 02, 2008


In Route....

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update. We are moved out of our Houston house! The movers came and packed and loaded Tuesday and Wednesday. Thank God for movers!! They drove away with pretty much everything we own, including our car, in the moving truck. Hopefully we'll see them again!!!
Philip got to Houston late last nite, and we went to the house and did a few last touch ups.
It is very empty. I know that house will make some little family very happy one day (hopefully soon) like it did us. We have so many great memories from that house. It was sad to leave, but I think at this point, we are just more excited to get to Nashville and get everyone together again. In case you didn't know, Philip has been working in Nashville all week and flying home on the weekends...the past 3 1/2 months. It has just worn him out. And the girls and I...well, we are just VERY happy to see him on the weekends!! It's been a long few months, but I think that God was just preparing our hearts and getting us even more excited about the move!!

Our Plans (in case you care):

Tonite (Saturday) Philip and I are leaving to drive to Nashville and the girls are staying at my parents. Hopefully we'll get there by Sunday evening. The movers are coming to our new house Monday morning-and I'll be busy unpacking before the girls get there. Philip and I will fly back to Houston and get the girls, and we'll all head to Nashville together Saturday morning!!! FINALLY!!! We are so thankful to everyone who has helped us out-with your prayers, watching our kids, giving us moral support, and so much more! Thank you! Thank you!! I will post some pictures of our new house soon. We still appreciate your prayers!!

7 comments:

dw hicks said...

Miss you already...even though I've been missing you since March of 07! Hope all goes well! Call us if you get bored on the road.

Carl, Brent, and Joseph said...

we hope it all goes smoothly. you deserve it!

Mrs. Mays said...

Be safe, hope all goes smooth!

Shauna said...

Good luck on the move - I know everything will go smoothly! Cannot wait to hear of the adventures in Nashville!

allyo said...

I teared up reading this blog...I guess I was still holding out, and hoping that it wasn't really happening. We love you guys. Miss you!

Amber said...

We know first hand how difficult it is to move to a new place, but are praying for a smooth transition for your entire family. I know God has great things in store for you all in Nashville! Keep in touch!!

sirEller said...

wow. we need to talk. so much is going on in yalls world these days. and the emotions of it all just bring back many memories. almost 2 years ago little Macy and Tate sat in our living room as we loaded things up. And of course our favorite memory of all.... attempting to lift the sofa off my lap. ahhhh.