Monday, February 02, 2009

Catching Up
My sweet friends threw me a shower a few weeks ago. It was so special. I am very blessed to have such great friends! Thank you Christy, Becca, Laura, Kim, Amy, (and Amy W!)
My wonderful mom flew in for the shower...and gave me one of the best gifts!!!
(read on)
When we got home, Macy re-opened all of Lexi's gifts and had a great time!On Monday afternoon, my mom flew back to Houston with Macy AND Harper!! The girls stayed with them the whole week while we stayed here and worked on the nursery and moving Harper into Macy's room. Well, we also went out to eat quite a bit-eating wherever we wanted, as slow as we wanted to. We caught a few movies and some live music shows. I slept in every day and ate my breakfast in bed! I got a haircut and a fabulous pedicure! It was a wonderful time to rest and relax and get some things done before the chaos begins!!! It was weird to sleep without listening for anyone, and to be able to run errands so quickly! Such a treat!! Yes, I missed the girls, but I knew they were having so much fun and being spoiled rotten! Every time I talked to Macy on the phone she would tell me that she wanted to stay with Honey and Big Daddy a few more days! On Sunday, my mom flew them back up to Nashville (isn't she amazing?!!) and we picked them up at the airport. They were happy to see us and we were glad to have them back. Thank you sooooo much Mom and Dad!!!
Here is some of the progress that we made:
We turned Harper's room in to Lexi's nursery.
We moved Harper into a twin bed and changed Macy's room into Macy and Harper's room.
So when Harper arrived home, she had a new bed. The girls were so excited to get to be in the same room. The first nap day didn't go so well, but that night, they played a little then went right to sleep... When we checked on them, we found Harper's bed empty.

She was asleep in Macy's bed! So cute!
Here are some pictures from their vacation to Houston. The girls got to play with Hollie and her kids which was so much fun for them! Apparently Brooks and Harper were best buds!
I can't get the pictures bigger right now so get out our magnifying glass!




12 comments:

dw hicks said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful shower. I wanted to be there so badly!!! The girls rooms look so adorable! Lexi's bedding is precious. And, as always, you look beautiful pregnant. You deserved to have a week to yourself. Glad you enjoyed it! Love you!

Anonymous said...

That is the BEST gift of all! The rooms are so cute. Trey always wants to sleep with Grace, I imagine that is what would happen at our house if they shared a room. You look beautiful and I love her name.

annalee said...

AMAZING! what a wonderful week for everyone. the rooms are too cute, as are all you girls!

Julie said...

Sounds like a great week. I'm jealous. And I think Harper in bed with Macy is about the cutest thing. Megan never tried that one! I hope the transition goes well.

Charis said...

Wow! Your mom is awesome! The girl's rooms look amazing too. You are ahead of us, but hopefully Levi's nursery will be finished by the end of this week!

Dana said...

What a great week. The blessing of the shower then the blessing of time! Your girl's rooms are precious! I can't wait to see pictures of Lexi!

allyo said...

I love Lexi's bedding. Did you make it? If not, where did you buy it? I teared up looking at the picture of the girls sleeping together. I can't wait for Braelynn to be here and to see my two girls together. I miss you more and more each time I read your blog. Love you!

Hollie Reese said...

The rooms look so good!!! We loved seeing the girls, but we missed you!

Jamie Chitty said...

SO cute the Harper crawled into bed with Macy. Best Friends!!!

You do have one of the best mom's out there.

Tiger and DeAndria said...

The nursery looks great!!! I can't believe how big your girls are getting, and I love the picture of them in bed together. Glad you had a week of peace.

Andrea said...

Hey Heidi! Congratulations on your new baby! Your little girls' bedrooms are so adorable! I love the name Lexi!

Carl, Brent, and Joseph said...

the room look great!!! what lucky girls!
your mom is awesome!!