Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our Little Soccer Player
Macy has started her first season of soccer and is LOVING it! She has got a hard kick! Team Purple had their first game Saturday and did great (They won...but who's counting?!). Philip is the coach and he does such a great job. All the kids love him! His friend Jeff (Baylor's Dad) is helping him. The game was so fun. I haven't laughed that hard in a while!









Here is Macy and her sweet friend Baylor.


Harper asks daily if she can play soccer, too.


After a long game and lots of playing, Macy was exhausted by bedtime!

And in other news...Harper has decided that she wants to be potty trained.

I am sooo not ready to train her. Luckily, she seems to be training herself. She has made it about 5 days with only 2 accidents. And she isn't even getting bribed-no candy or anything. We just do a little potty dance and she's proud. I still put a pull-up on her when we leave the house, but she still asks to go when we are out. I can't believe her. I guess having children so close together is beneficial! Macy is a big help when Harper needs her. We went and bought Harper some "big girl" panties this weekend. She chose The Little Mermaid and Tinkerbell. She thinks people with "big girl" panties can do a lot-like play soccer, drink diet coke (me), not take naps.... We'll see if it sticks, but for now- I'll take it. Now if we could only get Lexi trained...

5 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

I so wish I could see a soccer game! GO HARPER! maybe she can give her cousin Brooks a pep talk about potty training!

Tricia said...

So cute!!! How cool that she is playing soccer! How old is Macy? Micah has been interested in potty training too. And I feel the same way. He is just kinda taking it slow, but I guess it is one of the perks to having them so close! Great pictures!

dw hicks said...

Yay Macy! She already looks like a talented athlete...I can tell from the pictures! :0)

Can't wait to see you guys!!! Only 6 weeks!!!! Let the countdown begin!

Anonymous said...

"I miss you, Macy. I love you."

ava

Honey said...

Little Miss # 7 on Team
Purple is darling. I can't wait to see her play. Way to go Macy and Harper Doodle!!!! I know big girl panties will make her a better soccer player one day. Hugs and kisses